The critical requirements of this law are:
- To provide notice to borrowers concerning privacy policies and practices.
- The conditions which financial institutions may disclose non-public personal information about borrowers to non-affiliated third parties.
Celink, in the course of servicing your loan, does not disclose and does not intend to disclose non-public information to non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law.
Celink collects and utilizes your non-public information in the day-to-day operations of servicing your loan. Celink collects non-public information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive on your application or other forms that are filled out at the time you applied for your loan
- Information from your transactions with us (i.e., payments, etc.)
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies (i.e., credit bureaus)
Celink will only share non-public information with:
- Consumer reporting agencies (credit bureaus)
- Internal Revenue Service, if you have paid over $600.00 in interest for the year
- Celink employees who need the information to provide services to you
- Owners(s) of your loan
- Master servicer(s) and/or security holder(s) of your loan
Celink protects the confidentiality and security of your non-public information through our in-house maintained servicing system. Our system is safeguarded by the use of password protection to protect against any reasonable threats or hazards to your information. The integrity and values that our company is based on are too important to disclose your information to outside sources. We will not break the trust of our customers or our affiliates by providing non-public information to outside sources without permission from the person(s) who signed the note and/or mortgage.